766 Old York Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Phone: (215) 635-1025 Fax: (215) 782-8933
G.E.T. Financial Education Center Milestones
Since 2000, the G.E.T. Financial Education Center (formerly known as the George E. Thorne Development Center) has been working hard in the community.
- We have hosted college tours taking our youth to colleges along the eastern seaboard such as: Howard University, Georgetown, University of Maryland, Morgan State College and the University of Delaware.
- We hosted our first College Preparatory Workshop where we have interactive discussions on topics including: How to select the best college for you; How to complete a college application; How to apply for financial aid; and more.
- We launched the Managing Money God’s Way in which we educate religious leaders on many topics such as: How to stay in compliance with the IRS, Payroll and Personnel, Budgeting, Establishing good accounting control and more.
- We started our Money Smart workshops for youth and adults where we not only teach youth about the importance of good money management but we also open savings accounts for youth in attendance. For the adults we talk about subjects such as debt management, budgeting, determining retirement and insurance needs, saving and investing, and estate planning.
- We held a Criminal Justice workshop for youth and adults. For the youth we visited high school classrooms and educated students about the criminal justice systems and career opportunities. For adults we had presentations and one on one interaction from representatives from all aspects of the criminal justice system.
- We launched our annual Praise Is The Cure Weekend of Hope, Health and Healing, which is a breast cancer awareness program where we distribute breast health literature to thousands of people in the Philadelphia and surrounding area's. We have a free health fair for the community where we conduct free mammograms and other screenings, health workshops, a breast cancer survivors pamper party and a celebrate life gospel concert.
Copyright © 2015 · The G.E.T. Financial Education Center · All Rights Reserved